In this list of Top 10 Best Cycle Under 5000 we have talked about some of the best cycles available in the market, we hope this list will help you in making your decision.
The art of balancing is learned by cycling. Most of us remember the first time our parents brought us the two-wheeler and taught us how to ride it by holding it from behind.
Learning made us experience different things, the first fall, the first win against friends, the many firsts are experienced while cycling.
Though it was a means of enjoyment back then, cycling is now an active mode of transportation which now helps reduce pollution.
And it is seen more as a necessity than enjoyment. People of all ages can enjoy it, and if you’re looking for a bicycle under 5000 or thinking of upgrading, we’ve listed down a few best cycles under 5000.
- 1. Hero Blast 20T Single Speed Kids’ Bike : Best Cycle Under 5000
- 2. Hero Blaze 16T Single Speed Cycle
- 3. FIREFOX Skurrerz 14T Kids Cycle
- 4. Leader Buddy 20T Kids Cycle : Best Cycle Under 5000
- 5. RAW BICYCLES Sports BMX Single Speed : Best Cycle Under 5000
- 6. SPEED BIRD 14-T 14.00 : Best Cycle Under 5000
- 7. RAW BICYCLES 20T Sports BMX Single Speed Kids Bicycle/Cycle
- 8. Hercules Dynor Pro RF 26T Single Speed Road Cycle
- 9. The bike’s Leader Scout MTB 26T Mountain Bike : Best Cycle Under 5000
- 10. Kross 20TSS Miss Bicycle : Best Cycle Under 5000
- Buyer’s Guide
10 Best Cycle Under 5000 in India (2022)
1. Hero Blast 20T Single Speed Kids’ Bike : Best Cycle Under 5000
The hero bicycle is one of the best brands of the cycle in India. The bike features a single-speed transmission and is suitable for kids between 7 to 9 years of age.
The Blast 20T ensures driver safety and offers a smooth and hassle-free ride. The minimum height of the rider can be 3 ft 10 inches, and the maximum size should be 4 ft 6 inches.
The cycle saddle is adjustable, and the handlebar has a smooth grip to offer a comfortable riding experience.
When it comes to design, the cycle is constructed using a high-density steel frame and comes with a mudguard that prevents dirt from coming towards the rider.
The paddle of the cycle offers non-slip support, and the chain guard helps avoid any accidental injuries.
- It is suitable for boys and girls.
- The calliper brakes provide a powerful braking mechanism.
- It is strong and durable as it is constructed using a high-density steel frame.
- The ergonomic design of the cycle ensures comfortable riding.
- The design of the cycle is sturdy, stylish and sporty.
- The quality of the brakes is not up to standard.
- It doesn’t come with any additional components.
2. Hero Blaze 16T Single Speed Cycle
Another product from Hero is their Blaze 16T. It is one of the affordable prices for your kids as it comes with two training wheels that can be used to prevent your child from falling.
It offers a smooth riding experience to the kids as it is constructed using a robust steel frame and is perfect for rough use.
The sturdy construction makes it an ideal purchase. Alongside, it comes with anti-skid pedals, an entire chain cover and a mudguard that ensures that the structure of the bicycle is child-safe.
- It is constructed using robust material and is long-lasting.
- The cycle is lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Calliper brakes provide a powerful braking mechanism.
- The structure is child-safe and ensures riders safety.
- The Assembly process is simple and can be done by the user.
- The quality of the cycle is not up to the standard.
- It doesn’t come with any additional components except a mudguard and chain guard.
3. FIREFOX Skurrerz 14T Kids Cycle
The Skurrerx from FIREFOX is one of the best cycled under 5000 as it is kid-specific and an ideal option for kids between the age of 3 to 5 years.
It is light and durable and is constructed using a steel frame, which provided proper stability to the rider.
The V-brake provides adequate balance and a powerful braking mechanism, alongside a crank for extra strength.
The frame size is 9 inches, and the bike can hold the rider of a maximum height of 3 feet 6 inches and a minimum of 2 feet 5 inches.
The cycle is delivered partially assembled. The rest is DIY. It included a training wheel and crash pads on handlebars. It comes in various colours, and users can choose accordingly.
- The cycle is kid-specific and offers good stability.
- It is lightweight and durable.
- V-brakes provide a powerful braking mechanism.
- The pain used on the bicycle is non-toxic to ensure maximum security.
- Additionally, it includes crash pads on handlebars and training wheels.
- The frame, tyre, brakes and handle of the cycle are of high quality.
- The assembly process is not easy as the cycle doesn’t come with proper installation instruction.
- It is pretty bulky for a three-year-old.
4. Leader Buddy 20T Kids Cycle : Best Cycle Under 5000
The Leader brand is known for its high quality and outstanding reliability. The BUDDY 20T bicycle comes from them, which provides ultimate traction on all terrains and allows the rider to ride with ease, experiencing the thrill of riding.
It is constructed using a Hi-tensile frame and has an ergonomic design that ensures a comfortable ride and getting on and off the cycle easier for the kid.
The bike includes a front basket and has high grip handlebars with soft rubber grips.
You can adjust the PU saddle accordingly for different heights and for comfortable sitting positions as it is adjustable and enclosed in a plastic shell.
It comes equipped with Caliper brakes that provide an excellent braking system on all terrains.
The chain comes with a chain guard to reduce the risk of entanglement and ensure kids’ safety.
- The ergonomic design ensures the ride is comfortable for the kids.
- It is made of a Hi-tensile frame and is quite long-lasting.
- It comes with a soft and comfortable saddle with a backrest.
- The assembling process of the cycle is very easy.
- The chain guard ensures that there is no risk of entanglement.
- The quality of the seat and saddle is not up to the standard.
- The cycle is heavy and bulky for kids of age five.
5. RAW BICYCLES Sports BMX Single Speed : Best Cycle Under 5000
The raw bicycles guarantee high strength and durability, and It is suitable for kids aged between 3 to 5 years of age.
It is specially designed for kids with its tubeless types and heavy-duty metal frame. It is ideal for a child whose minimum height is 3 feet, and the maximum should be 3 feet 7 inches.
The cycle comes semi-assembled, and the rest of the assembling sets are available on Youtube.
By searching ‘How To Fix Raw Bicycle 14T Sport’, one can assemble the bike with the provided multipurpose spanner tool.
The seat is adjustable and can be adjusted according to the height for different seating positions.
Additionally, it includes a Moulded anti-skid pedal with a full chain cover that ensures the rider’s safety.
- It is specially designed for kids aged between 3 to 5 years.
- The assembling process is easy.
- It comes with a full chain cover and moulded anti-skid pedal for the rider’s safety.
- It is constructed using a heavy-duty metal frame.
- The cycle is budget-friendly.
- The quality of the product is not up to the standard.
- The chain is very loose and gets loose within seconds of riding.
6. SPEED BIRD 14-T 14.00 : Best Cycle Under 5000
The Speed Bird is one of the most famous brands known for kids bicycles. The cycles are specially designed for kids, and it comes in three different colours.
It includes an attractive water bottle holder and an extended basket. The tubeless tire allows the users to use the cycle on all terrain and for all seasons.
It is constructed using a Mid Welded Steel Frame and has an extra raised bar with a soft grip to ensure a comfortable ride for the kids.
The unbreakable Modded Rims and Anti-skid pedal with full chain cover make it an ideal purchasing choice for kids.
- It can be used for all seasons and work on all terrains.
- The moulded rims are unbreakable, and the anti-skid pedal ensures proper riding.
- The cycle comes in three different colours hence offers colour choices to the user.
- Additional features include an attractive bottle holder and extended basket.
- It is constructed using a Mid Welded Steel Frame and lasts longer.
- The assembly process is quite tricky.
- The quality of components is cheap.
7. RAW BICYCLES 20T Sports BMX Single Speed Kids Bicycle/Cycle
Another affordable product from the RAW bicycles is the 20T Sports BMS which is ideal for boys and girls aged 7 to 10 years.
The cycle comes in a semi-assembled state, and the rest of the assembly is DIY as The instruction is available on youtube.
Customers will have to search ‘How To Fix Raw Bicycle 20T Sports’ and follow the steps for assembling the bicycle.
Before using, the assembly should be done using a Multi-Purpose Spanner Tool for installing the Screw and bolt. It is suitable for a kid with a minimum height of 4 feet 2 inches and a maximum height of 4 feet 9 inches.
Its Real Tyre with inflatable inner tubes makes it ideal to work on all terrain and conditions, either wet or dry.
- A budget-friendly product whose frame, tyres and tubes are heavy duty.
- The adjustable saddle can be adjusted up to three inches.
- Anti-skid paddle, full chain cover and wide training wheel to ensure the safety of the kid.
- It is delivered partially assembled, and the rest of the assembly is DIY.
- A high-quality product under the budget.
- Most components in the cycles are breakable as they are made up of plastic.
8. Hercules Dynor Pro RF 26T Single Speed Road Cycle
The Hercules Pro RF 26T is the perfect ride for 12+ years and can be purchased for under 5000.
The front and rear have a V-brake braking system, which ensures proper safety, security and provides a powerful braking mechanism.
The ride is perfect for people with a minimum height of 2 feet 10 inches and a maximum height of 5 feet 4 inches. The cycle is constructed using steel material and has an unbending suspension.
It also included components for installation like a user manual, reflectors, Tool kit and stand.
Since it is delivered in semi-assembled condition, the user can use the Allen key & spanner in the box and build the rest.
- A budget-friendly product with excellent quality.
- It is partially assembled; the rest can be DIY.
- The coating on the cycle is of good quality paint, and it doesn’t wear off quickly.
- Proper components of an installation are provided.
- The saddle is tough, and it is pretty uncomfortable for the rider to ride it.
- The instructional manual doesn’t provide appropriate steps for assembling the cycle.
9. The bike’s Leader Scout MTB 26T Mountain Bike : Best Cycle Under 5000
The cycle is suitable for 10+ years and can be used by people with a maximum height of 6 feet 1 inch and a minimum height of 5 ft 6 inches.
It is ergonomically designed using a High-tensile frame and soft grips on the handlebar to ensure a good riding experience to the ride.
The PU cushion foam padded saddle can be adjusted to the desired height and different positions according to the rider seated.
The Caliper brakes provide robust and proper braking control on all terrain and other requirements.
The high-quality tires work on all-terrain regardless of the condition.
- It is suitable for 10+ age.
- The design of the cycle is sleek and trendy.
- The PU cushion saddle provides comfort to the rider and can be adjusted accordingly.
- It has a powerful braking mechanism that ensures proper security and balance for the rider.
- It works on all-terrain regardless of the condition with its high quality and long-lasting tire
- The components, which are made of plastic, are prone to breakage.
- It doesn’t include any additional components.
10. Kross 20TSS Miss Bicycle : Best Cycle Under 5000
Kross 20 TSS is the ideal cycle for kids below the age of 10 years.
The design is trendy and attractive graphics make it look elegant. The frame is ergonomically designed, and it is rigid for ease.
Handlebar provides extra comfort to the rider as it is double bent and additionally raised.
Front and rear brakes are raised with a resin lever which provides a friction-free and powerful braking mechanism.
Foam-padded saddle provides extra comfort to the user and ensures they experience the thrill of riding.
- The design of the cycle is trendy and attractive.
- The calliper brakes provide a friction-free and powerful braking mechanism
- Anti-skid body reflectorized pedals.
- The handlebar has soft grips which ensure comfortable riding.
- Poor quality
- Some components mentioned don’t come along with the product.
So that’s the end of the list of best cycles. One can choose any of the mentioned above as all of them will serve the same purpose. A means of transportation and help improve both the physical and mental health of the rider.
The market offers a large number of brands. No brand can be called the best if they don’t meet the quality standard. Multiple brands offer features, and no one product is the same.
This may often leave people puzzled, and they might take a longer time to make a decision. When buying a bicycle, there are few things you should look for.
Here, we’ve mentioned a few details that will help you make an ideal purchasing decision. They are as follows:-
There are lots of purposes a person can use for a bike. For instance, if you want to, and Itcycle exercising, then a road bike is an ideal option.
Similarly to comfortable and long rides, you can use hybrid bikes.
Before you invest in buying a bicycle, you need to be sure about the purpose of using it and then look for the kind of cycle you will require. Here are few examples, they are as follows:-
Mountain Bike: The mountain bikes can be used for uphill, downhill and touring, although they are not very lightweight.
Hybrid cycles: if you want something comfortable for a longer journey, hybrid bikes are suitable as they work on all terrains and have padded seats and soft-grip handles.
Folding Bike: the bikes can be folded and are very compact. So it’s very convenient to carry them.
These were a few types of cycles. Though they are a lot more available, you can always research them before purchasing them.
Make sure you set a budget limit, as it will help you narrow down your options and make the purchasing decision efficiently.
But, it’s advisable to invest a little bit more and have a long-lasting product, then investing it poorly and spend a lot for a replacement.
All three points mentioned above will help you decide the material of the cycle you want to purchase.
There is various material available in the market, but we’ll talk about the three common one’s, and they are as follows:
Steel: One of the most inexpensive materials and is ideal for heavy riders. The steel frame provides more comfort, and the cycle is beautifully designed. Although When it comes to steel, there is always rust alongside it, so it is not suitable if you live in wet conditions.
Aluminum: Less prone to rust, aluminum’s lightweight and reliable, but when compared to steel, it is not that comfortable as it adds extra stiffness in the cycle’s frame.
Carbon fiber: Being a non-metal, it is very lightweight and provides the needed stiffness in the frame. It can be manipulated in different shapes to increase stiffness in a specific area.
Don’t look for a particular frame size when buying a cycle as it is measure differently. Instead, look for the one that suits your height and is comfortable for you to ride.
When considering the frame, check the warranty provided by the manufacturer and always go for high-quality frames as they are the heart of the cycle.
There are various components in the cycle, but You cannot look at all before deciding. Hence we’ve chosen three essential features that you should make sure are up to standard.
Gear: Looking back at the very first point of the guide: Purpose. That’s what will decide the number of gear needed. But do the number of gears really matter? Answer is no.
Number is not what you should look for in gear but a ratio. It shows the difference between the largest ring and the smallest cog.
The options offered in gears are almost endless, but you can always look for the gear guide on the internet to aid you further.
Brakes: Generally, there are two types of brakes available, V-brakes and Disc brakes. The better among the two is the latter one.
Both serve the same purpose, but disc brakes tend to last longer and work more efficiently in wet conditions.
Wheels: Generally, the model you choose will come with a well, and you’ll have to accept that but if you are looking for something different, then look for the manufacturer that offers the desired wheels.
These were some of the important components you should look for when buying a bicycle.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Which brand of the cycle is best?
It depends on the user preference since there are multiple brands available. It is recommended to go for Hero, Hercules, Atlas, and Avon as they are active brands and have various models under different price ranges.
Which bicycle is ideal for kids?
All the mentioned bicycles are ideal for kids and can be brought under the budget of 5000. Most of them offer various features and additional components.
How to choose the proper cycle for the kid?
You’ll have to measure the height of the kids who will be riding the cycle. Another factor to consider is the inseam of your kid. Both of these will help determine the proper cycle for your child.
Is training wheels important in a kid’s cycle?
Generally Yes. The kids need to have proper balance, but as they master the art of riding, they won’t be needing it.
Typically, kids aged 5 to 9 can ride without the training wheel. Before that, make sure they have proper balance and can ride a two-wheeled bicycle safely.
So, that’s the end to the list of the best Cycle under 5000. You can follow the mentioned buying guide when purchasing the product as it enlists the critical factors that should be considered.
The bike is an active means of transport, and more and more people are adopting it due to the various benefits it offers.
Not only does it keeps you physically fit, but it takes care of multiple health issues and your mental state.
Cycling will help you reduce your carbon footprint and reach your destination faster. As you won’t have to spend time searching for the parking space.
Moreover, the cycle is a necessity nowadays. Considering the skyrocketing fuel prices, switching to a cycle is an ideal option for transportation.
Switching to the two-wheeler will surely help save you some money and help reduce pollution.